Learn It was founded on a bold mission: to help all children succeed in school and life regardless of the obstacles they may face.
“Since we were founded in 2007 to serve the tutoring needs of low-income students, we’ve steadily expanded our mission to serve more children in need. We are now a multi-faceted provider of specialized interventions working across the country to expand access to high quality services for families who need it most.”
Michael Maloney, Founder & CEO
The Learn It family of companies which includes Learn It, DCS, AST and Trellis annually delivers over 1 million hours of services to more than 5,000 children across 10 states, and is one of the country’s leading providers of specialized interventions for children.
The Learn It family works across four areas; Autism Services, Special Education, Managed Classrooms and Academic Support.
The CDC reports that Autism affects a staggering 1:64 children
It is widely accepted that Applied Behavior Analysis is the most effective treatment for individuals with autism. Our autism services team has been providing interventions based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis and Applied Verbal Behavior for over 15 years. We serve children in their homes, communities and schools and our team includes more than 90 Board Certified Behavior Analysts. Each team member is supported by the latest clinical technology and a wealth of expertise in partnering with insurance companies, schools and government payers to develop evidence based programs.
15% of students in schools have special needs
Our special education team collaborates with school leaders to improve services for students with special needs by addressing their most pressing challenges — personnel shortages, compliance and quality outcomes. We offer flexible solutions from just 5 hours a week of online therapy to full special education program management. Our team includes 14 different specialties and offers schools deep domain expertise in special education delivered with an unrivaled caring and collaborative approach.
The typical private placement can costs schools 2 to 3-times more over the long-term
Our managed classroom team works with schools to provide flexible, cost effective solutions to better serve students with emotional disabilities, students with autism, and students with alternative learning needs. Our fully-managed, self-contained classrooms are typically implemented as a school-within-a-school model enabling services to be delivered closer to students’ homes reducing travel and increasing opportunities for integration. Our team of behavior technicians, special education teachers, psychologists, and related services staff have a long track record achieving positive outcomes for students and reintegrating them to a less restrictive environment.
More than 50% of schools receive Title I funding to support academic achievement for low income children
Since 2007, Learn It has served more than 100,000 struggling learners in its Title I academic programs. Title I provides federal funding to local school districts to help increase achievement among low-performing, economically-disadvantaged students. Our academic support team works with public, private and charter schools to deliver intensive reading, math and English Language Learner programs that utilize the latest in blended learning technologies. We provide services to private schools in 10 urban cities and to public schools across the country.
Partnership, Progressive & Passion
All of Learn It’s services are tied together by a common approach and commitment to children;
- We work together with our clients to create solutions to their needs. There is no “one size fits all” philosophy.
- We approach each challenge with fresh eyes. We are always looking towards outcomes, using of technology, and employing evidence based practices.
- Our team truly cares about creating exceptional learning experiences for the children we serve.
More than our approach, what truly sets us apart is our people
Each team member at Learn It is universally committed to finding success for every child we serve, whatever that may look like. We are excited about finding new ways to do thing better, to think outside the box, to make a difference in someone’s life. We embrace collaboration with our clients, among our teams, across disciplines, and across our family of companies. Over 20% of our staff have advanced degrees with a dozen holding doctorates. We deliver over 4,000 hours a year of professional development and care deeply about our our staff’s professional growth.
We are a growing, dynamic organization working every day to improve the lives of the most vulnerable in our community
The passion of our leaders and our team members is to to find the amazing in every child we serve. We are continuously looking for smarter ways to do our work and to expand the number of families we work.
To Learn More, Visit One of Our Companies
- Learn It Systems: Provides academic, special education and managed classroom solutions to schools nationally to meet Title I and IDEA requirements.
- Trellis Services: Serves children with autism through home, school and community programs based on the principles of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) and Verbal Behavior (VB) in Maryland.
- Autism Spectrum Therapies (AST): Provides Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) services to individuals with autism in schools, home and communities across four states, primarily through insurance funding.
- Desert Choice Schools: Arizona private day school that provides fully-managed, self-contained classrooms for students with emotional disabilities and behavior-related challenges.
- Beach Cities Learning: A unique placement for students with special needs that prepares youth for success in school and beyond.
- Light Street Solutions: Helps schools succeed by providing comprehensive special education programs and services.